Consumer Resources Center
- Repairs that Are Tenants’ Responsibilities
Refrigerators break, drains clog, and walkways can get icy in the winter—but who’s responsible for handling these common maintenance tasks, the tenant or the landlord?
- Gym Membership or Home Gym: What’s the Better Value?
You want motivation, fewer excuses not to work out, and equipment or classes you’ll actually use. So does that mean you want a gym membership or a home gym?
- Consumer Guide to Consuming Less
Being more conscious of our consuming and purchasing habits can lead to better spending control, less clutter, less stress, more gratitude, and a healthier planet.
- Top Money Management Apps You Need in 2018
You already check your smartphone a thousand times a day. Why not use it to check up on your money?
- How to Spot a Pyramid Scheme a Mile Away
These pyramids don’t have any of the staying power the Ancient Egyptian ones do.
- The Pros and Cons of Ridesharing
Ridesharing services have upended the on-demand transportation status quo.
- The Pros and Cons of Groupon and LivingSocial
Who doesn’t love a good deal? As a consumer, you buy a variety of things every day — from groceries to restaurant meals and fitness classes to spa packages.
- Protect Yourself from “Social Hacking”
Low-tech solutions to high-tech attacks.
- Haggling for Fun and Savings
Don’t pay more than you have to!